This fresh and flavorful salad is packed with tasty greens and crispy shiitake mushrooms that will have you celebrating the sunshine and dining al fresco all summer long.
- 2 – 8 oz (227g) package shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 8 oz sugar snap peas
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 package halloumi cheese, ½” sliced
- Juice from 2 lemons
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup dill, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shiitake mushrooms; saute until slightly crispy, 5-8 minutes, remove from pan.
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil; blanch the snap peas and asparagus for 1-2 minutes; drain and place in ice water. Once cooled, thinly slice the snap peas on a diagonal.
- In a medium saute pan heat remaining olive oil over medium. Add sliced halloumi cheese and cook 2 minutes, flip and cook another 2 minutes; removed from pan and set aside.
- In a jar fitted with a lid add dressing ingredients; shake until emulsified; adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Top arugula with snap peas, asparagus, cucumber, mushrooms, and feta. Drizzle with the Lemon Vinaigrette. Serve.
Keywords: Shiitake, Salad, Summer