Fried until golden brown and served with a creamy horseradish sauces these Crispy Tempura Fried Baby Portabella Mushrooms will quickly become a family favorite. A long-time menu item at Black Angus Steakhouse, this recipe for the best-selling fried mushrooms is easy to make at home.
- 1 pound baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 ounce chipotle seasoning
- 1 package tempura mix
- 10 ounces Japanese breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Wash the baby portabella mushrooms and drain.
- Cut mushrooms over 1” in diameter in half. Dust chipotle seasoning over mushrooms.
- Prepare tempura mix as directed on package.
- Coat baby bella mushrooms in batter and drain for a few seconds.
- Roll mushrooms in Japanese breadcrumbs until coated.
- Deep fry the portabella mushrooms in vegetable oil for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix the horseradish and sour cream in a small bowl.
- Serve with creamy horseradish sauce.
Keywords: Fried Mushrooms, Fried Portabella Mushrooms, Crispy Portabella Mushrooms