This bright and flavorful meal comes together in less than 30 minutes, making it the perfect weeknight dinner. The meatiness of oyster mushrooms balances the fresh spinach and refreshing splash of lemon. Best served with some shaved Parmesan.
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 14 ounces oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 6 ounce bag fresh spinach leaves (about 4 cups)
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta, cooked according to the package directions
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Shaved Parmesan for serving, optional
- Pour ¼ cup of the olive oil in a small saucepan and heat until warm over low heat, about 2 minutes. Only warm the oil, do not allow it to bubble or simmer.
- Remove from the heat and add the garlic cloves. Let sit for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, until they become tender and liquid becomes visible in the pan. Add half of the spinach and cook for 2 more minutes, until wilted.
- Stir in the pasta and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining spinach. It will wilt only slightly. Next, discard the garlic cloves and pour the oil over the pasta. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss all ingredients to mix well.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus time to infuse olive oil
- For a gluten-free version, use a rice pasta.
Keywords: Mushroom Orecchiette, Oyster Orecchiette, Easy Mushroom Orecchiette Pasta