Mushrooms for breakfast? You bet! There is nothing faster and easier than this Mushroom and Egg Wrap. Handheld so you can eat it on the go, this wrap comes together quickly in the microwave. Serve with salsa, sour cream, or a dash of hot sauce.
- 1/4 cup potato, pepper and onion blend, diced
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup white button or crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pinch of Black Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
- 1 8-inch flour tortilla
- Optional: Salsa, sour cream, hot sauce
- Place potato, peppers and onion blend in a 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, add salt, loosely cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 1 minute, stirring once at the 30-second mark.
- Add mushrooms and microwave on high for another minute, stirring at the 30-second mark. Drain off excess liquid before stirring in the egg, then cover. Place tortilla in the microwave too and heat on high for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir in cheese and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into warm tortilla and, if using, add the salsa on top. Fold the bottom of the wrap up over the eggs, and then roll the remaining sides around.
- Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate until ready to eat. When ready to serve, place wrap in microwave on high for 45-60 seconds, just until heated through. Grab it and go!
- Individually, these wraps will hold in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 280
- Sodium: 490 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 195 mg
Keywords: Mushroom Egg Wrap, Mushroom Breakfast Wrap, Egg Wrap