A simple bite-sized snack that doesn’t skimp on flavor or protein! These Mini Mushroom Quiche Caps are an easy grab-and-go option when you’re headed into a crazy day. Make these delicious morsels ahead of time and pop in the microwave for 30 seconds before hitting the road.
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup finely diced green onion
- Bacon, 3 strips, cooked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black or white pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 325º. Spray mini muffin pans with non-stick spray. Slice 3 mushrooms for garnish. Heat a 10” non-stick skillet and heat over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add a single layer of mushrooms, and cook, without stirring, for about five minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Turn and cook about five minutes or until other side is same color. Set mushrooms aside.
- Chop remaining mushrooms and add with onions, salt and pepper and sauté, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes, until onions are soft and all moisture has evaporated. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, half-and-half and mustard. Stir in mushroom mixture and cheese.
- Divide egg/mushroom mixture among muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Top each cup with one slice of mushroom and lightly spray with non-stick spray. Bake about 20-25 minutes until puffed and set. Let cool in the pan 5 minutes. Using a teaspoon, gently run the spoon around the edge of each cup and scoop each quiche to remove. Place a sautéed mushroom slice on top of each quiche and serve.
Keywords: Mushroom Quiche, Easy Quiche, Mini Quiche