Meet your new favorite burger: the classic blended burger. Finely chopped mushrooms (we recommend using either crimini or white button) are blended into the ground beef to create an incredibly juicy and flavorful burger patty. This basic mushroom and beef blended burger recipe can instantly be transformed into a gourmet burger with the addition of toppings such as cheese, avocado, roasted red peppers, sliced tomato or even sautéed mushrooms. You’ll never make a burger patty the old way again!
- Add chopped mushrooms, ground beef and salt into a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Form into 4-5 large patties or 6 smaller patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the burger patties approximately 4 minutes per side, or to your preferred level of doneness.
- Remove burger patties from heat and toast buns in the same skillet.
- Assemble mushroom blended burgers with your favorite toppings and condiments.
Tip: For extra flavor, sauté the chopped mushrooms first. Let briefly cool before blending with meat and forming into patties.
Keywords: Blended Burger, The Blend Burger, Mushroom Burger