Add a flavourful twist to burrito night by blending half the beef with finely chopped mushrooms. Refried beans, Spanish rice and all the fixings – guac, sour cream & salsa – make this quick and easy weeknight meal a family favorite.
- 8 oz fresh crimini Mushrooms
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp Tex-Mex seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 cup reduced-sodium refried beans
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup cooked Spanish rice
- 2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup guacamole (optional
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream (optional)
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim Cheddar cheese
- Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped. Add the ground beef; pulse until well combined.
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, Tex-Mex seasoning and mushroom seasoning. Cook for 10 minutes until mushroom mixture is browned.
- Spread the refried beans over each tortilla. Spoon in rice, and top with the mushroom mixture, lettuce, salsa and optional guacamole and sour cream. Sprinkle with cheese, and roll up burritos.
- Coat a hot nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place the burritos, seam side down, and toast on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes until heated through.
- Many brands carry Spanish-style rice that can be prepared in the microwave for a quick dinner.
- Serving Size: 1 burrito
- Calories: 503
- Sodium: 743 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 48 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 28 g
Keywords: Blended Beef Burritos, Beef and Mushroom Burritos, Easy Blended Burritos