Shiitake and Swiss Burger
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Burgers
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4–6 South Mill Champs shitake mushrooms
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 brioche hamburger buns, sliced
- 4 eight-ounce hamburger patties
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 1 head of butter lettuce, washed
In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and add mushrooms and garlic salt. Sauté until mushrooms are browned and tender, about 2–3 minutes. Cover and set mushrooms aside. Butter one side of each bun and cook face down on skillet for 1 minute or until bun is toasted. Season burgers generously with salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Add to medium heat skillet and cook 3–5 minutes. Flip burgers and add cheese.
Cover and cook another 3–5 minutes. Assemble each burger with buns, lettuce, tomato, burger, and mushrooms.
Add condiments as desired.