Green Goodness Spring Salad
This fresh and flavorful salad is packed with tasty greens and crispy shiitake mushrooms that will have you celebrating the sunshine and dining al fresco all summer long.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 2 – 8 oz (227g) package shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 8 oz sugar snap peas
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 package halloumi cheese, ½” sliced
- Juice from 2 lemons
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup dill, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shiitake mushrooms; saute until slightly crispy, 5-8 minutes, remove from pan.
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil; blanch the snap peas and asparagus for 1-2 minutes; drain and place in ice water. Once cooled, thinly slice the snap peas on a diagonal.
- In a medium saute pan heat remaining olive oil over medium. Add sliced halloumi cheese and cook 2 minutes, flip and cook another 2 minutes; removed from pan and set aside.
- In a jar fitted with a lid add dressing ingredients; shake until emulsified; adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Top arugula with snap peas, asparagus, cucumber, mushrooms, and feta. Drizzle with the Lemon Vinaigrette. Serve.
Keywords: Shiitake, salad, summer