Grilled Portabella Mushrooms for Vegetarian Cobb Salad
No meat? No problem! Mushrooms make a great meaty alternative. Slice up a portabella, toss it on the grill and enjoy it atop this delicious vegetarian Cobb salad recipe, perfect for lunch or as a hearty side salad.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 4 portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup prepared vinaigrette salad dressing, or more to taste
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Whisk together oil, salt and pepper and brush mushroom strips and red peppers with mixture.
- Place red pepper pieces on a skewer and grill peppers and mushrooms, turning once, for about 10 minutes.
- Toss lettuce with vinaigrette and arrange on a shallow serving platter.
- Arrange mushrooms, roasted peppers, eggs and blue cheese in four “strips” across the bed of lettuce. Serve chilled.
- Calories: 370
- Sodium: 650 mg
- Fat: 26 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 340 mg
Keywords: Cobb Salad, Meatless Cobb Salad, Mushroom Cobb Salad