Mushroom Meatloaf with Mushroom Gravy
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: Serves 8
- Category: Dinner
A hearty meatloaf recipe that guarantees a dose of mushrooms in every bite. Finely chopped mushrooms are blended in with the beef making for a moist and flavorful meat loaf. Served with a creamy mushroom gravy, this dish is nothing but umami!
- 1 pound white button or crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground meat (turkey, chicken, pork or beef)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced fine
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1.5 pounds crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the meat, mushroom and remaining 10 ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Place mixture into 7 x 5 inch loaf baking pan or shape into free form loaf and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Place into preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and cornstarch; set aside.
In a large skillet, melt butter over high heat. Add the mushrooms and onions; cook and stir over moderate heat until the mushrooms are golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir to coat, cook for 5 minutes. Stir in beef broth and bring to a simmer and add Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook over high heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust to taste with salt and pepper.
Keywords: Meatloaf, Mushroom Meatloaf, Meatloaf with Mushroom Gravy