Garlicky Marinated Mushroom Antipasto
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Marinating Time: 24 hours
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 24 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 pints 1x
These garlicky marinated mushrooms are perfect for your spring-time antipasto platter. Serve alongside fresh cheeses, cured olives, sliced prosciutto and the like. You might even catch yourself eating them straight from the jar!
- 1 pound petite button mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- Pinch of dried chili flakes
- 4 garlic cloves (3 peeled and 1 smashed)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Trim the mushroom stems down to be flush with the cap. Thoroughly wash the mushrooms and pat dry.
- In a medium size pot, combine the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to simmer and add mushrooms. Cook mushrooms for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Lift mushrooms and garlic cloves out of the vinegar solution using a slotted spoon. Cool the mushrooms and vinegar.
- Once cool, divide the mushrooms between two-pint jars. Cap and store in the refrigerator for up to one week. They can be eaten in as little as 24 hours, but the longer they pickle, the more flavorful they will be.
- Ensure the two pint jars, lids and rings are washed well and dry before adding mushrooms.
Keywords: Salad, Marinated Mushrooms, White button,