- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 5 cups South Mill Champs portabella mushrooms, sliced and divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 5–6 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- ¼ cup chicken stock, if needed
- Fresh oregano leaves, torn
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Melt butter in a large stockpot. Add mushrooms, garlic, and salt and cook until tender, about 5–6 minutes. Set aside 10–12 slices of mushroom to use a garnish. Stir in onion and cook over medium heat until translucent, about 4 minutes. Pour mushroom mixture and cream of mushroom soup into blender or food processor and puree. If mixture is too thick, add chicken stock 1 tablespoon at a time and stir to combine. Pour mixture into individual bowls, and swirl 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt into each bowl before serving, if desired.
Garnish with reserved mushroom slices, oregano leaves, and black pepper.