- 6 cups water
- 3 cups white rice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups South Mill Champs mixed shiitake and oyster mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup green snow peas
- ½ cup green onions, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup soy sauce
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil.
- Add rice and salt and cover.
- Simmer for 18 minutes and remove from heat.
- While rice is cooking, toast sesame seeds in dry skillet for 3–5 minutes or until seeds are lightly browned. Set seeds aside.
- Bring skillet to medium high heat and add peanut oil. When the oil shimmers, add garlic and cook 15 seconds.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, peas, and green onions and stir constantly, cooking for 2–4 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Remove mushrooms and vegetables from the pan.
- Add soy sauce to center of pan and cook until bubbly.
- Return mushrooms and vegetables to the pan and cook 1 minute, stirring until vegetables are coated. Remove from heat.
Serve with cooked white rice, and top with toasted sesame seeds.