Grilled Mushroom, Cheese and Spinach Panini
Panini literally means little breads, but in Italy it often refers to a sandwich. Use goat cheese and arugula for a different flavour profile.
- 总时间： 25 分钟
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
- 1 茶匙橄榄油
- 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups grated old Cheddar cheese
- 4 oval panini rolls (about 4″/10 cm), halved
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- In a medium frying pan heat oil over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until just until starting to brown. Stir in garlic and basil; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix cheese and tomatoes; spread evenly on bottom half of each roll. Arrange the mushrooms, and spinach leaves, evenly on top of cheese. Top with the other half of each roll and press firmly.
- Place in preheated sandwich grill* (according to manufacturer’s directions) cook about 8 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese has melted. Cut sandwiches in half to serve.
*If sandwich grill is not available heat a well seasoned ridged grill pan OR a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches in pan and place another heat -proof pan or skillet on top of sandwiches; weight down with canned goods and cook 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn panini over and repeat for other side. Lower heat after sandwich is browned to melt cheese.
- Tip: Substitute other crusty rolls or Kaiser buns for panini rolls OR substitute 8 slices( ½”/1 cm thick) French, Italian or Sour dough bread.
- Variation: Substitute ½ cup(125 mL) softened goat cheese (about 4 oz /120 g) for Cheddar and baby arugula leaves for spinach.
- Calories: 484
- Sodium: 733 mg
- Fat: 26.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.6 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 22.1 g
Keywords: Mushroom Panini, Mushroom Sandwich, Grilled Mushroom Panini