Crimini and Pork Albondigas with Chipotle Tomato Sauce
These blended Spanish albondigas are like nothing you’ve ever tasted. The combination of pork and crimini mushrooms make for an incredibly moist meatball, while the spicy chipotle tomato sauce drowns this dish in flavor. Try grilling these mushroom meatballs instead of baking them for some backyard fun.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 Servings 1x
- 类别： 晚餐
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ pounds whole crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup white onion, small dice
- ½ cup roasted poblano peppers, small dice
- 1 pound raw pork
- 3 tablespoons Lawry’s Salt-Free Mexican Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Culinary Coarse Mediterranean Sea Salt
- 1 oz. thinly sliced green onion
- 1 ½ cups Panko bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
Chipotle Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup white onion, minced
- ½ poblano peppers, minced
- 1 tablespoon Lawry’s Salt-Free Mexican Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Culinary Chipotle Pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock, unsalted
- 3 cups tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Lawry’s Salt-Free Lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
Chipotle tomato sauce instructions:
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Sauté onion and poblano pepper until onion begins to caramelize.
- Add seasoning and stir until fragrant.
- Stir in chicken stock, tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes.
- Use a hand blender to blend mixture until smooth. Stir in lemon-pepper, sugar, vinegar and cilantro.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, and refrigerate or warm on low heat until needed.
Mushroom meatball instructions:
- Preheat a convection oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in sauté pan and cook mushrooms until browned, approximately 6-8 minutes. Remove mushrooms from pan.
- Add diced white onions and cook until lightly caramelized, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Combine mushrooms, onions and roasted peppers in a food processor and pulse until mixture is finely minced.
- Allow mixture to completely cool in fridge.
- Combine cooled vegetable mixture with raw ground pork, seasoning, salt, panko crumbs and eggs. Mix well to evenly combine.
- Scoop out 30 meatballs and round by hand. Place meatballs on a baking sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake mushroom meatballs for 15 minutes or until an internal temperature of 155°F is reached.
- Remove from oven and combine with Chipotle Tomato Sauce.
Tip: To prepare on a grill, place the meatballs on metal skewers and place skewers on an oiled grill rack and grill, turning to brown on all sides, until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Serving Size: 3 – 1 oz meatballs
- Calories: 310
- Sodium: 210 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
Keywords: Mushroom Meatballs, Crimini Meatballs, Pork Meatballs, Blended Meatballs