Nutritious Mushroom and Beef Blended Tacos with Salsa and Cotija Cheese
Filled with a spicy blend of mushrooms and meat, these tacos are a nutritious meal your family will love on Taco Tuesday. Perfect for feeding a family of 5 (with leftovers), The Blend technique used increases your portion sizes by just adding meaty mushrooms.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cups diced onions
- 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound mushroom and meat mixture
- 1 tablespoon chile powder blend
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- lime juice, to taste about 2 tablespoons
- 12 fresh corn tortillas taco shells, warmed
- 1 cup finely shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup salsa of your choice
- 1 avocado cut into 12 slices
- 6 ounces grated cotjia cheese (or Monterey jack cheese)
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Lime juice, to taste
- 12 cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Heat a 10 inch sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil to the pan, then the onions and season with a pinch of salt.
- Sauté the onions over medium heat until golden brown. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the mushroom-beef mixture and chile powder. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes until the flavors meld and warm through.
- Stir in the cilantro and adjust the seasonings with salt, pepper, and lime juice. Keep warm.
- To assemble: Place 1 tablespoon of shredded cabbage on a warm taco shell. Top with 2 tablespoons of mushroom and meat mixture. Top with a generous tablespoon of salsa, a slice of avocado, some cotija cheese, lime juice, and a sprig of cilantro.
Keywords: Beef and Mushroom Tacos, Blended Tacos, Easy Mushroom Beef Tacos