Blended Beef and Mushroom Meatball Subs
These blended mushroom meatball subs combine finely chopped white button mushrooms and lean ground beef giving this quick, weekday meal flavor, moisture and an extra serving of veggies. Topped with marinara, bocconcini cheese and then broiled, this kid-friendly, mushroom meatball sub recipe will become a family favorite.
- Tiempo de preparación: 15 minutos
- Tiempo de cocción: 30 minutos
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 5
- Categoría: Cena
- 1 package (227 g) sliced Ontario white button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 lb/500g lean ground Ontario Corn Fed Beef
- 1/2 cup (60 mL) seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1 clove Ontario garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh Ontario parsley, chopped
- 1 (650 mL) jar of marinara
- 5 white sub rolls
- 15 bocconcini medallions
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Spray shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the white button mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl combine chopped mushrooms, beef, breadcrumbs, egg, shallot, garlic and parsley; mix until incorporated.
- Shape mixture into 1½ inch meatballs. Place 1 inch apart in dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove baking dish and pour marinara over mushroom blended meatballs.
- Return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Assemble the meatball subs by spooning 5 meatballs onto sub roll. Top with warm marinara and three bocconcini medallions.
- Place subs on baking tray and broil on high until cheese is melted, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
Keywords: Meatball Sub, Blended Meatball Sub, Mushroom Meatball Sub