Baja Salmon with Mushrooms
Fresh salmon combined with bright citrus flavors and a festive burst of color will put you in a California state of mind when you try out this delicious Baja salmon recipe. Plus, there’s plenty of vitamin D in this highly flavorful salmon and white button mushroom recipe.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Dinner
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 6 ounces white button mushrooms, quartered or halved
- 1 packet dry citrus marinade
- 3/4 cup frozen white sweet corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced, run under cold water
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 salmon filets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil and swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- Add mushrooms and sauté 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of dry citrus marinade mix to the mushrooms and continue cooking another 3 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from the pan and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the corn, onion, red pepper, cilantro, lime juice and salt to the cooked mushrooms and toss to combine.
- In same sauté pan, add remaining teaspoon of oil and swirl to coat pan.
- Sprinkle the top of each salmon filet with 1 teaspoon dry citrus marinade mix.
- Add salmon, seasoned side down, to hot pan and sear 1 minute. Flip over and add water to the pan.
- Cover and cook another 2 minutes, or until done to taste preferences. Remove from the heat and uncover.
- Place a spoonful of the mushroom salsa on each serving plate, top with a salmon filet. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and a lime wedge.
- Serving Size: 5oz salmon fillet with 1/2 cup mushroom topping
- Calories: 340
- Sodium: 830 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Cholesterol: 70 mg
Keywords: Salmon with Mushrooms, Baja Salmon