Easy Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Dinner
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 cups South Mill Champs mushroom medley
- 2 eight-ounce microwaveable risotto pouches
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Remove leaves from half of the fresh thyme. Reserve remaining thyme sprigs for garnish.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushroom medley, and 1 tablespoon of thyme leaves to the buttered skillet and cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Microwave risotto pouches per package instructions.
- Add to skillet and stir to combine with mushrooms.
- Serve topped with shaved Parmesan and freshly cracked pepper, and garnish with sprigs of fresh thyme.
Ahead of making this amazing dish, here are a few things to keep in mind when cooking and serving mushrooms.
- Store them in original packaging or a brown paper bag.
- Wash mushrooms before preparing, rinsing them in cool water, and gently drying them with a paper towel.
- Chop them into chunks or cut them into thin slices. You can use the stem as well as the cap.