Brown Butter Ramps and Oyster Mushrooms on Ricotta Crostini
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 Crostinis 1x
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 oz. oyster mushrooms, pulled apart or sliced ½ inch thick
- 10 – 12 ramps, cleaned, chopped in 2 inch pieces, white bulbs and green leaf separated
- ½ pound fresh ricotta cheese (1 cup)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Four ½-inch-thick slices of rustic bread
- Maldon or other flaky sea salt (optional)
Toast the bread in a toaster or oven until brown. Set aside.
In a medium skillet, melt half the butter. Add the white ramp bulbs and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until both the butter and ramps are just starting to brown, 3-4 minutes. Add the green leaves and cook 30 seconds more, until just wilted. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Pour ramps and brown butter into a bowl and set aside.
In the same pan, melt the rest of the butter on medium-high heat. Add the oyster mushrooms in a single layer and let them cook without moving them until one side is deeply caramelized and golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Flip and brown the other side, another 1-2 minutes. Season lightly with salt and pepper, remove from pan and set aside.
Spread each toast slice with ¼ cup of the ricotta. Arrange the mushrooms and ramps on top, drizzling on a little of the reserved browned butter. Cut each crostini in half and serve.